As you all know, I have had quite a number of huge hauls (what I posted is a only the tip of the iceberg) these past few weeks I’m in Korea and Hong Kong. Both in terms of skincare and make up. So I have decided to start my Project Pan now that I’m heading back to Canada tomorrow!
For those of you who are not familiar with Project Pan, it’s basically a project where you go on a beauty product shopping ban until you have used up or hit pan on X number of products. I think it’s a great way to save money and downsize my collection at the same time. I first heard about Project Pan from Amarixe (click here for her blogpost). “Project Pan” was first coined by lollipop26, who was a youtube guru, but she stopped making videos a while ago (but she is still blogging here).
I am the kind of person that cannot pass on a great deal, and over time I have accumulated a bunch of products even before my trip. After my trip, I have an absolutely ridiculous amount of products, and I feel terrible about buying all these things and not using them up. So here I am, starting my own Project Pan!
I originally wanted to do a Project 20 Pan, but I want to use up as many products as I can endure doing this (for at least 20 products), so I am just leaving it as project pan. The general rule is to finish x number of products before buying any new ones, but I have a few of my own additional “rule” to make this fit myself better.
1. I will be including hair care, skin care and beauty products. If I only do beauty products, I will NEVER (and I mean it) finish it.
2. I will include travel size items, but not samples or deluxe samples (Makes sense right? Plus I am thinking of doing one for samples later anyways.)
3. There are some types of products that I only have one of (eg setting powder), so if I finish that, I will allow myself to buy a replacement.
4. If a product (eg. gel liner, mascara) dries up, I will not count that product as being “used up”.
5. I will not even allow myself to buy limited edition products, no matter how tempting it is! (I will regret this soon enough I’m sure)
Hopefully I will finish it before the end of the year, because I know I will want to get some beauty products for my holiday shopping! I will be doing updates as I use up products, and maybe with mini reviews too! Have any of you tried Project Pan? I would love to hear/read about your experience!