Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I was at a conference, and then I was flying home (packing and unpacking suck). Here’s just a quick update of my life! I promise I will post more starting soon! You’d think summer holiday would be relaxing… but with work and stuff it’s not really that at all. I am really glad that I am finally home though. I have never been as homesick as last week (and I’m talking about 4 years of university here)!
1. AYCE sushi nom!
2. Probably the last CLT I will have from my university bar.
3. How cute is this froyo cup?
4. Favourite drink: coffee + milk tea. Love this HK classic!
5. Saw this car in an underground garage… I really like it for some reason
6. Froyo again… this time Green Tea + Taro + Crispy Wafer froyo + all these toppings!
7. Raining day in downtown Toronto.
8. Best thing post-Easter? Mini Eggs go on sale!
9. Chocolate cupcake with Raspberry icing. So good!
I love desserts. Especially Chinese desserts! Don’t get me wrong, I do love my creme brulee, cheesecake, mousse cake and such, but there is something about Chinese desserts that hits home more than these other ones. Maybe because I grew up eating them, or maybe it’s because it’s not crazy sweet like most western desserts. I was so glad for the existence of Full House Desserts here! Full House Dessert is a very famous chain dessert restaurant in Hong Kong, but I am not sure if this particular Full House Desserts in Richmond Hill is affiliated with the one in HK. Regardless, their desserts taste just like the ones in HK! I first went to this place a few years ago, but since I started university, I have not been here, until recently. And I am so glad I did (but my waistline isn’t quite happy about this LOL) Continue reading →
1. This is why I love Starbucks.
2. Sushi with a friend at Gozen, London, ON. Salmon sushi and spicy salmon roll.
3. Raspberry tart and Vanilla frozen yogurt with mango, marshmallow, mochi, and chocolate chips at Kiwi Kraze, London, ON.
4. Baked egg and Avocado made by boyfriend. Surprisingly delicious.
5.Lamb Burger at the Bungalow in London, ON.
6. Cheap, delicious breakfast at Campus Hi-Fi in London, ON
Last week boyfriend and I went for a nice dinner to celebrate our anniversary (kind of.. 4.5 counts right? lol!) I have been to Auberge du Petit Prince with my roommate before during Londonlicious (similar to winterlicious/summerlicious in Toronto, but in London). And I really liked it so I decided to bring boyfriend there since it’s probably my favourite restaurant in town.
The restaurant itself is a two story house, it’s really cozy, with a big room for events. The first time I went there, there was a wedding reception, and this time there’s some corporate event, and then a birthday party. It was on a Thursday night also, I am so glad we made a reservation! Continue reading →
I can’t even recall the last time I had a Sunday Brunch (or any brunch) to be honest, excluding the days I slept in and it’s too late for breakfast. I meant enjoying a brunch buffet at a nice restaurant/hotel. Luckily, my family decided to head to Fort Garry Hotel in town to try out their infamous Sunday Brunch.
Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by the delicious smell of bacon, sausage, omelette etc. And yes, I forgot to take a picture of the lobby… fail. Anyhow, there were food basically all around the lobby, they have your usual brunch items, but also freshly made omelettes, Belgian waffles with homemade whipped cream, and eggs benedict!
The dessert table was pure heaven. There’s various types of macaroons, crème brûlée, and.. wait for it, a chocolate fountain!