May 10, 2012 § 6 Comments
Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I was at a conference, and then I was flying home (packing and unpacking suck). Here’s just a quick update of my life! I promise I will post more starting soon! You’d think summer holiday would be relaxing… but with work and stuff it’s not really that at all. I am really glad that I am finally home though. I have never been as homesick as last week (and I’m talking about 4 years of university here)!
1. AYCE sushi nom!
2. Probably the last CLT I will have from my university bar.
3. How cute is this froyo cup?
4. Favourite drink: coffee + milk tea. Love this HK classic!
5. Saw this car in an underground garage… I really like it for some reason
6. Froyo again… this time Green Tea + Taro + Crispy Wafer froyo + all these toppings!
7. Raining day in downtown Toronto.
8. Best thing post-Easter? Mini Eggs go on sale!
9. Chocolate cupcake with Raspberry icing. So good!
May 3, 2012 § 7 Comments
Thanks so much to Whitney at wandsandpliers for nominating me for this award! I’m so honoured! Whitney blogs about makeup, skincare, food, and crafts and I have enjoyed reading her blogposts immensely! If you haven’t visited her blog, you definitely should head over and check it out! You won’t regret it!
Here are the instructions:
- Include the award’s logo in a post on your blog
- Answer 1o questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you
- My favourite color: Green! And black if that’s considered a colour…
- My favourite animal: Owls
- My favourite number: 7
- My favourite drink: Water
- Facebook or Twitter: I’m trying to get on this twitter thing… tweet me @angelandthings
- My passion: This is going to be nerdy… Maternal Fetal Toxicology… I realized this has been the one thing that I get really passionate when I talk about it! It’s also something I want to pursue as part of my career! And a more normal passion… make up! I have been so addicted to make up these couples years!
- Prefer giving or getting presents: Hmm this is tough, I like both. I like buying things for people I like… and who doesn’t like getting presents? :p
- My favorite pattern: Bows and lace!
- My favorite day of the week: Friday! I consider Friday to be the start of the weekend… and there’s two full days off ahead!
- My favorite flower: Are lavenders flowers?! If not… roses!
Here are 10 bloggers that I think you all should check out!
April 29, 2012 § 2 Comments
1. This is why I love Starbucks.
2. Sushi with a friend at Gozen, London, ON. Salmon sushi and spicy salmon roll.
3. Raspberry tart and Vanilla frozen yogurt with mango, marshmallow, mochi, and chocolate chips at Kiwi Kraze, London, ON.
4. Baked egg and Avocado made by boyfriend. Surprisingly delicious.
5.Lamb Burger at the Bungalow in London, ON.
6. Cheap, delicious breakfast at Campus Hi-Fi in London, ON
April 2, 2012 § 2 Comments
“They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” – Banksy
March 25, 2012 § 6 Comments
1. Delicious Mint Frozen Yogurt + Oreo + Marshmallows + Chocolate Chips + Mochi + Smarties with pearlessence
2. Balsamic Portobello and Tomato Panini @ Williams Cafe with boyfriend
3. Cute rabbit stretching in a pet store
4. Nachos… nomnomnom
5. Homemade Arugula, mushroom, and turkey bacon omelette
6. Absolutely gorgeous weather lately! Lovin’ it!
March 12, 2012 § 11 Comments
Last Saturday my boyfriend and I went to Guu Izakaya in downtown Toronto for a little post-interview celebration. Although I won’t know the result until mid-May, it’s just an excuse for us to head to Guu!
The atmosphere is excellent, once you walk into the door, you are greeted by the entire staff. It is a little loud in there, but that’s part of the atmosphere here! And I totally just failed to take pictures of the inside of Guu (that’s so me), but there’s basically a bar, a couple few big long tables, and then some smaller tables. In the summer there’s also a patio, but in the winter, they covered it up and added heater since it’s obviously way too cold for patio when its -2C!
We went really early, basically right when it opened (4PM on Saturday). They are notorious for their wait, and by 5PM, there is already a line forming. Last time we went at 10PM (or was it 10:30PM), and there was a small line, but I’ve heard if you go during regular dinner hour, be prepared to wait for 2 hours. I also believe they do not take any reservation.
Now onto the food! Boyfriend did not order anything to drink this time since he needs to drive after, so I took advantage of that and ordered myself a cocktail.
Ama Ebi: Sweet Shrimp Sashimi from B.C. (daily special)
-I never thought I would enjoy shrimp sashimi for some reason, but this is absolutely delicious-
« Read the rest of this entry »
March 5, 2012 § Leave a Comment
These two weeks have been insane and I can’t wait till Thursday is over! There hasn’t been too much going on these couple weeks outside of school… just lots of food (as you will be able to tell from the pictures). I hope you all have an amazing week!
1. Vogue + Toffee Nut Latte. Best way to start a day
2. Encouraging sayings on Halls… never knew they existed! So cute!
3. These trees look sad… I want spring to be here! Done with -15C weather!
4. Vermicelli with spring roll and pork… mmmhmm so delicious
5. So this is what the inside of laptops look like… boyfriend and I opened up and put back together his laptop.
6. Delicious fried rice made by boyfriend and pork chop with creme of mushroom. Yummm.
February 28, 2012 § 8 Comments
First of all I would like to thank pearlessence for nominating this blog for the versatile blogger award! I feel so honoured!
Secondly… My huge apologies for the super delayed post! It’s been a hectic few days and I see no end of this… exams, tests, assignments, interview…
Anyways, onto the Versatile Blogger Award!
February 23, 2012 § Leave a Comment
Reading week is going by way.too.fast. How is it already Thursday? I went home during this break and spent lots of time with my family and did some shopping and had some great food. Time to slowly get back to school mode and face the upcoming exams, assignments, and interview! Which also means blog post might be less frequent, but I promise once everything’s done I will be back with more posts!
1. All You Can Eat Sushi. nomnomnom
2. Homemade dessert by mom <3
3. Scary winter road up to Gimli
4. Gimli, the tiny town I will be spending most of my summer in
5. Yummy breakfast at a local restaurant in Gimli (and one of the few restaurant that exists in the town)
6. 2011 Valentino the bear from Godiva. I know it’s way past V-day, but hey its 50% off. I have been collecting the Christmas bears from Godiva… guess I am going to start with the valentines day one too.
February 19, 2012 § 2 Comments
I can’t even recall the last time I had a Sunday Brunch (or any brunch) to be honest, excluding the days I slept in and it’s too late for breakfast. I meant enjoying a brunch buffet at a nice restaurant/hotel. Luckily, my family decided to head to Fort Garry Hotel in town to try out their infamous Sunday Brunch.
Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by the delicious smell of bacon, sausage, omelette etc. And yes, I forgot to take a picture of the lobby… fail. Anyhow, there were food basically all around the lobby, they have your usual brunch items, but also freshly made omelettes, Belgian waffles with homemade whipped cream, and eggs benedict!
The dessert table was pure heaven. There’s various types of macaroons, crème brûlée, and.. wait for it, a chocolate fountain!